Maiduguri - Hunters in Borno on Sunday called on
the military to allow them to join in the war against
insurgents in Sambisa Forest.
Malam Mai-Gana Mai-Durma, the Borno Emir of the
Hunters, made the appeal in Maiduguri while
addressing newsmen.
Mai-Durma said that the call became imperative
because the hunters were familiar with the terrain at
the dreaded forest, the hideout and operational
base of the terrorists.
``We are appealing to the military authorities to
allow us join the fight against Boko Haram at the
Sambisa forest.
``We are ready to pursue the terrorists because we
know the terrain very well,'' Mai-Durma said.
He said that the military should align them with
members of the vigilance group, popularly knwon as
the Civilian JTF, for effective result.
``We will overrun Sambisa in partnership with
members of the civilian JTF if given the opportunity.
``This will help to complement the effort of military
in the anti terrorism operation,'' Mai-Durma said.
He lamented that hunters from the 27 local
government areas of the state had been rendered
idle by the Boko Haram terrorism.
``Hunters from all the 27 Borno LGAs are all in
Maiduguri with our leaders doing nothing at present
because of Boko Haram.
``Rather than idling away, we will want to assist the
military in crushing Boko Haram terrorists,'' Mai-
Durma said.
He lso appealed to the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji
Abubakar Ibn Garbai, to assist in forwarding the
request to the military authorities for consideration.
Sunday, 3 January 2016
Bornu hunters pleades with army to allow them join the fight against Boko Haram
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment